At Nurture Early Learning Centres, our aim is to always provide our children with the best quality and freshest produce every day. We recognise meal times are an important time of the day and they are not rushed or hurried.
View a sample of our menu
The older children are encouraged to serve themselves, helping them to learn about portion size, sharing and positive eating habits. At Nurture Early Learning Centres there is always enough food to eat.
Children’s tables are set with table clothes and glasses, where possible to create a friendly and homely environment. The younger children’s individual meal times are respected and children are fed in accordance with their individual routines at home.
At Nurture we provide the children with at least 50% of the recommended daily nutritional intake in accordance with Nutrition Australia.
We provide lean, quality meats with little or no trans fats and where possible our meat is locally sourced, premium or free range (we do not serve processed meats).
- Our bread is always wholemeal and baked fresh daily from local bakeries near each Bambini Centre.
- Our fresh fruit and vegetables are sourced from a local supplier and where possible we serve seasonal organic produce as part of our daily menu (we incorporate as many vegetables as possible in all the meals).
- All of our baked and cooked foods are made at our centres and contain reduced or no salt.
- The cow’s milk we serve children is always organic. Children are given the choice of milk or water at every meal (rice and soy milk are also available).
- Our centres are nut free; we do not use any products which contain peanuts or peanut oil.
- All of our foods are baked, grilled, steamed and are never deep fried.
- Our cooks are all trained in food handling and are food supervisors with a passion for cooking. We engage a consultant each year to audit our kitchens. Outstanding results are always achieved. Local council inspections have also achieved excellent reports.
- Children with allergies or food intolerances are given an alternate meal catering for their individual needs.
- To keep every family informed about what their child is eating daily, a copy of the menu is emailed every Monday.
- We always encourage input from our families about our menus.